Are you struggling to conceive? You have tried everything from fertility add-ons to scheduling your sexual intercourse as per your partner’s ovulation. Still, nothing has ensued and once again, you are back at square one. If the physician has given your wife a clean bill of health, then perhaps you are suffering from the male infertility issue. For the male population, their conception problems are primarily entrenched in their physiological condition and aptitude to produce the necessary sperm for female pregnancy; in this facet viz. their sperm cell volume and fertility. Most conception complications are often associated with male disorders such as low sperm count, unwholesome sperm condition, and others linked to the sperms incapability to fertilize the pertinent egg cell of the female partner. To address this physiological disorder, the solution encompasses promoting a healthy condition in the reproductive system of the concerned male. This usually necessitates measures on how to upsurge sperm count. Increased sperm count and to maximize sexual capabilities are just some of the objectives males wish to accomplish with regards to their sex life. In this article, we will take a plunge into some useful, easy-to-execute and sure-fire ways to increase the sperm count in males naturally.
Causes of low sperm count
Sperm count fertility is a topic many men shrink back from, whether they don’t want the doctor’s visit or they don’t like their fertility being pulled into limelight at all. This is pointless, but the signs and symptoms of this problem can also be predictable from home. Many factors have been linked that causes low sperm count. Amid these are the ingestion of unwarranted alcohol, high levels of caffeine consumption, smoking and many physical issues as well. Males who are fit and healthy will always have higher concentrations, motility and vitality of sperm than those who are not that fit. Occasionally, occupational concerns come into play also i.e. jobs that necessitate the use of toxins and pesticides can, over time, add to the male infertility. Drug use, such as with cocaine and marijuana, can also play an enormous role in whether or not the female spouse will be facing trouble getting pregnant. Sperm plays an imperative role in your sex life. Consequently, having a healthy sperm and a standard volume is a must for every guy. In a nutshell, some common causes for low sperm quality are:
- Disease-ridden semen
- Overheating: saunas, tight underclothing that doesn’t permit the skin to breath, fever, etc. can drop your sperm volume
- Drugs, smoking, drinking: these are all very hazardous, decreasing sperm count, motility and lifespan, occasionally even leading to impotence
- High levels of anxiety combined usually with a deficiency of vitamins and a poor nutrition
- Genetic influences
The normal sperm count is between 120 and 350 million per cubic centimeter. A low sperm count is assessed to be below 40 million per cubic centimeter. Low sperm counts or poor sperm motility may be attributable to environmental pollutants such as chemicals, radiation, drugs, heavy metal exposure, cigarette smoking, unwarranted alcohol use, street drug use and pollution. Heat can also shrink sperm production. Hot baths, having sedentary lifestyle for long periods of time and tight-fitting underclothing that compresses the testes can all uplift temperatures long enough to destroy sperm production. The anti-ulcer drugs cimetidine and ranitidine have both been testified to decline sperm count and produce impotence.
Causes of male infertility
Causes of male infertility entails insufficient sperm manufacturing by the testes, poor sperm motility varicocele (widened veins in the scrotum), undescended testis/testes, disproportionate xenoestrogen (environmental estrogen), exposure to contagious ailment of the epidydimis (storing tube for sperm), testes, seminal vesicles, urethra, prostate or vas; benign prostatic hypertrophy (enlargement), endocrine (glandular) sicknesses affecting the hypothalamus, pituitary, thyroid, adrenals and the testes (e.g. low DHEA and low testosterone levels), inherited anomalies, urethral stricture malnutrition, particularly protein deficiency.
How To Increase Sperm Count Using Natural Aids
Having a low sperm count does not inevitably mean that you will not be able to father a kid. It simply means that you might need to make amendments in your lifestyle or behaviors to better improve your probabilities. Here are some ways on how to upsurge sperm count without surgery and drugs.
Cut chemical exposure
The semen of the normal man nowadays has half the sperm and of poorer quality than 50 years ago. This is supposed to be instigated by exposure to xenoestrogens (PCBs, DDT, dioxin, other pesticides, plastics and industrial contaminants) that copycat the effects of estrogen. You can avert or lessen the impact of xenoestrogens on your health by doing the following:
- Sidestep plastic vessels for food storage, plastic bottles, wraps and utensils.
- Use office paper products blanched without chlorine.
- Use only non-bleached coffee sieves, paper, naperies and toilet tissue to decrease dioxin exposure.
- Avoid chlorinated tap water, chlorine bleach and other chlorinated merchandises; use hydrogen peroxide as a substitute.
- Eat organic food as much as likely to avoid pesticides and herbicides.
- Evade artificial deodorants and cosmetics; use only organic merchandises whenever possible.
- Avoid animal merchandises with a high fat content that contain hormones, particularly conventional milk and dairy products, chicken, beef and pork.
- Avoid liquor and caffeine.
- Avoid fried, charcoal-sweltered or barbecued forms of cooking.
- Eat stacks of foods high in antioxidants (carotenes, vitamins A, C, E and selenium) such as green leafy veggies, carrots, citrus, broccoli, cauliflower and yams.
Getting abundant fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes can help to surely boost fertility. Also evade tobacco, processed carbohydrates, coffee, tea, alcohol and foodstuffs with artificial flavorings. Maintain your idyllic weight. Food deficiency in males results in a forfeiture of sex drive and structural variations to reproductive tissue leading to infertility, obesity and conversely can be related with a low sperm count and impotence, conceivably because of higher temperatures triggered by surplus fat near the testes.
According to many profound studies and research, consistent exercise i.e. five times a week for at least 45 minutes and a healthy diet augment fertility by keeping body weight at standard levels and relieving stress and apprehension. Unwarranted amounts of workout (marathon running and related training) can be a cause of infertility as it can result in amenorrhea i.e. nonappearance of menstruation in females and a dropped sperm count in males. If you are not sure what kind of exercise is best for you, get yourself a private trainer. He or she can give you a workout program to bring your weight and fitness levels into the perfect range.
Take nutritional supplements
For males, the most imperative supplemental nutrients to heighten fertility are vitamin C and zinc. Vitamin C, if taken 2000 to 6000 milligrams every day, helps to prevent sperm from plodding or sticking together; thus improving the probabilities for fertility. Zinc supplementation i.e. 100 to 200 mg daily has been shown to upsurge testosterone levels, sperm count and sperm motility. High zinc sources include oysters, lean beef, organ meats, turkey, lamb, wheat germ, legumes and nuts. Arginine is an amino acid the body creates from the digestion of protein. It is found in high quantities in the crown of the sperm. Arginine as an amino acid has been shown to help low sperm counts and poor motility. In high doses, arginine is also a powerful dilator of arteries, resulting in better erections. Food sources of arginine embrace nuts, chocolate, poultry, meat, fish and dairy. Other nutrients that have been proven to improve sperm counts take account of essential fatty acids (9 to 12 grams daily), chromium (1,000 mcg daily), selenium (200 mcg daily), vitamin E (800 IU daily), copper (2 mg daily),coenzyme Q10 (400 mg daily) and B-complex vitamins (50 mg daily), particularly vitamin B12 (1,000 mcg daily).
Try herbal helpers to boost male fertility
There are numerous herbs that may be effective for improving erections, sexual craving, blood flow to the sexual organs and overall sexual health with almost no side-effects. Since sperm creation takes almost three months, it will take at least this amount of time before feeling the advantages of a nutrient supplementation program.
Some Handy Tips on Ways To Increase Sperm Counts
The remarkable news is that there are ways that you can do via which increasing sperm count is conceivable. Let us discuss some things that you can do. For example:
- Quit smoking. This can prove to be helpful since your overall good health is one of the factors that administer your sperm count.
- Evade stress. Stress results in hormonal change and in turn diminishes semen quality. Steer clear of stress and unhappiness as much as you can. Join a meditation class or yoga to minimalize your stress.
- Limit your liquors. This, like the first point, is for your general health and in turn will upsurge your sperm count.
- Do not use illegal drugs.
- If you can, take away junk and processed foods from your daily diet. It is more advantageous that you eat things high in protein and low fat. If you can afford it, eat only organic foodstuffs.
- Exercise habitually. This will decrease the hormone released from anxiety that can harm your sperm. One thing that you have to pay attention to is cycling. An enthusiastic cycler over exercising can also harm or stress the testicles.
- Regulate your intercourse expanse to around 3 days interval (you can check this with your physician).
- Studies show that sperm counts are the maximum at mornings. If you can, seek to have sex in the morning.
- Avoid showering in hot water and wearing tight underclothing. The heat can destruct your sperm.
- Consider supplements that can upturn your semen volume and promote good reproductive health. This can surely be the one thing that can remedy your condition speedily.
How To Increase Sperm Count and Motility Naturally Via Foods
Low motility is one of the main causes of male infertility and can affect a man’s complete health destructively. Furthermore, low sperm motility also specifies that the sperms which are created are not resourceful and healthy and so can’t fertilize the egg. Since this is vital for conceiving, there are some solutions in the form of foods that may aid to increase motility such as:
Zinc has been proven to lift motility in males. A consumption of a zinc-rich diet is suggested as an impeccable way to produce encouraging outcomes. Some zinc-rich foods include nuts, grains, red meat, liver, oysters and other sea foods.
Selenium is a component often found in foodstuffs such as garlic, eggs, seafood and Brazil nuts. It is absorbed into the body and then used by testes to yield seleno-proteins, which are vital in the manufacturing of sperm. Therefore, a continuous supply of selenium rich foods will promise the production of healthy sperm thus augmenting a motility boost in support of the man.
Many studies have revealed that the ingesting of this amino acid helps upsurge the production of healthy sperm. It therefore results in a high sperm count and motility. L-Carnitine improves sperm motility by transporting vital fatty acids into a place where they are turned into energy used by the sperm for their elongated travel. L-carnitine is majorly found in lean meat and dairy foods.
Amid diverse vitamins that boost sperm count, vitamin E stands out as the most effective one in defending the body against free-radicals and other linked unbalanced ingredients which can damage the sperm cells and make them motionless. Men should, therefore, devour vitamin E supplements. Besides vitamin E, vitamin B12 and C are also acknowledged to be effective.
Accompanied by foods that can improve a motility boost in males, there are also some natural herbs that can upsurge sperm motility. Some of these herbs take account of Suvarnavang, Kapikachchu, Vanya Kahu, Salabmisri, Kokilaksha, fish oils and Maca. Besides these, sunflower seeds and uncooked pumpkin have also been confirmed to work. In some examples, low sperm motility is triggered by hormonal inequalities and vicissitudes. Such circumstances need medicines so as to improve sperm motility. However, such incidences are reasonably rare.