What exactly is green tea?
Green tea (Camellia Sinesis) has been the topic of many scientific studies over the last few decades. Investigators have found that consistent consumption of green tea pulls down the risk of cancer, supports weight loss and averts diabetes. The Chinese have acknowledged the health benefits of this drink since antique times. This kind of tea has been used as a medication in China for over 4,000 years.
What does green tea contain?
The health benefits of this drink are because of its high content of flavonoids. This tea also encompasses catechins, an influential antioxidant. The quantities of protein, fat, and carbohydrates in green tea are trivial. Unlike other sorts of tea, it only encompasses a trivial amount of caffeine. It is also an exceptional source of epigallocatechin-3 gallate (EGCG), a natural antioxidant that aids in treating numerous illnesses. The antioxidants in green tea neutralize free radicals and promote the creation of new cells.
Is green tea good for your health?
Abundant studies have shown that this tea decreases the risk of coronary artery disease and stroke. It also pulls down cholesterol levels and controls blood pressure. This kind of tea is flaunted as one of the world’s fittest drinks. Here are some of the most astonishing health benefits of green tea:
- Fights free radicals
- Decelerates the aging procedure
- Detoxifies the body
- Abolishes harmful bacteria in the body
- Normalizes blood pressure
- Promotes weight loss
- Enhances the metabolism
- Fortifies the immune system
- Decreases the risk of cancer
- Renovates impaired brain cells
- Lowers the risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease
- Aids in preventing depression
The antioxidants in this tea aid the body to combat against free radicals that can impair the DNA and contribute to blood clots, cancer and atherosclerosis. A topical study conducted on some women with breast cancer found that consistent intake of this tea was related with lower reappearance of the cancer. Another study discovered that individuals who were given a recipe of green tea and caffeine burned more calories than those who took only caffeine. Experts have found that this drink aids to avert tooth decay, boosts energy levels and surges fat oxidation. Folks who drink this kind of tea habitually show a lesser risk of breast cancer, colorectal cancer, ovarian cancer, colon cancer and skin cancer. It has been scientifically confirmed that this tea averts the growth of prostate cancer cells and decreases liver inflammation. It also improves digestion and aids in treating inflammation-based digestive ailments such as ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease.
Green tea: a miraculous drink!
Green tea has lots of benefits for health; the ones that are accountable for these benefits are called catechins. Catechins are thought to be the most effective antioxidants. There is no doubt that green tea is an exceedingly nourishing beverage. The Chinese have used it as a medication for thousands of years to treat sicknesses such as headaches and melancholy. In some recent years, the health benefits have been well acknowledged from scientific studies all across the globe. Green tea is rich in antioxidant ingredients called polyphenols; a sequence of chemicals called catechins; EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) is the most influential. Antioxidants have the aptitude to clean up free radicals adept of instigating blood clots (which could result in thrombosis) and plaque creations on the internal walls of arteries leading to cardiovascular ailment. Green tea also decreases bad (LDL) cholesterol. Anti-cancer properties have been found in this tea too.
How to consume green tea aptly?
In addition to catechins, there are other elements in green tea such as minerals and vitamins. Fluoride is one of the minerals in green tea and it can help decrease cavities and thwart tooth decay. However, so as to get the superlative benefits of green tea, we should know the finest way to consume it. The best and easiest way to devour and get the catechins and other flavonoids in green tea is by making it into a freshly brewed beverage to drink, you can steep green tea leaves in the hot water, roofed for four to five minutes to show up its catechins. But don’t boil the water with the leaves in it since the catechins may get corroded and lessen their activity. To guarantee you to get sufficient antioxidant and other advantageous green tea composites, drink a cup of tea a couple of times a day or if you are a very busy individual and have no time to make the beverage, you can try to ingest green tea supplement which now obtainable in the market.
Role of green tea in context of a healthy and happy life
What do we exactly mean by healthy life? Healthy body and healthy mind results in healthy life. If we look after our body by providing apt nutrition, we are bound to get a healthy mind. Eventually, a healthy life is accomplished. You cannot tell a sick guy to mediate. But a healthy chap can have control over his mind. He can live a healthy and contented life. You take any illness in our body which deteriorates our health. The reason will be nourishment insufficiency apart from other reasons. Fat, carbohydrate, vitamins, minerals and water are the nutrients we need. Each has an exceptional role to play. All of them are indispensable. If any particular nutrition is scarce, while impact will be visible where it is principally required, it will affect the total health sooner or later. While all the necessary vitamins are available in the food we take, on many occasions, there will be shortage of one or multi vitamins. This is because we are not living in a perfect world where we get all the nourishment in suitable dosage. Clearly, external sources are the answer. One of the outside sources is the green tea. If we explore the health benefits of green tea, particularly from good immune system viewpoint, we will know how valued this constituent is.
Evidences of the green tea as a beneficial drink
Many researches done in the past showed that consistent drinkers of green tea have abridged risk of oesophageal cancer by an enormous rate of 60%. Investigators found that green tea has the aptitude to impede cancer cell growth. Having said that, more research; lab and real-world studies could be done to catch on just how boundless the extent to which the anti-cancerous properties of this herbal drink actually is. Also, there were some studies conducted that revealed and showed that the synthesized form of EGCG was able to have the effect of reduction in prostate cancer tumors in mice. However, with esteems to human inferences on this, some great scientist questions how much is desirable to be drunk so as to get the health benefits. He basically questioned as to how resourcefully the body is able to use EGCG.
In another study, good-quality green tea was found to be 25-100 times more potent than vitamin C or E. Its immune system building contributions make it worthy for fighting ageing, digestion issues, promotion of brain and liver function and fit gums. Other health advantages of green tea consist of fighting rheumatoid arthritis, dental plaque decrease and the deterrence of food poisoning owing to its anti-bacterial properties. Those who desire a drink with less caffeine might consider green tea without any doubts. It has less than half the quantity of caffeine equated to coffee. The best is bright green tea that does not taste unpleasant. If what you are having is not like this, then it is a substandard oxidized quality, generally brown in appearance and definitely has less health advantages. Researchers found that those who drank the highest quantity of tea had the minimum risk of being detected with functional disability i.e. glitches with finishing daily activities or normal functions like bathing or getting dressed.
The plethora of benefits of consuming green tea
While weight loss remains one of the most extensively recognized health benefits of green tea, there are many other benefits of green tea which often go unobserved. When it comes to health benefits of green tea weight loss, its positives have been well-acknowledged all across the globe. Green tea is celebrated to be a phenomenal alternative and remedy for individuals who are eyeing to lose some superfluous fats and also develop a better body in the procedure. Read about many more benefits of this miraculous drink:
- Thwart cancers. Via many studies, catechins have revealed to have the aptitude to kill cancer cells by affecting enzymes and the signals between cells and restraining the growth of blood vessels around them.
- Green tea makes an admirable diet drink on account of its component known as Epigallacatechin Gallate or EGCG. EGCG is a very strong antioxidant that is adept of killing even the cancer cells, without instigating any impairment to the human body.
- Support your weight loss program or plan by increasing body metabolism and fat burning speed
- Lower cholesterol and improving the proportion of good cholesterol (HDL) and bad cholesterol (LDL).
- Control sugar blood level.
- Lower high blood pressure/control hypertension by obstructing angiotensin II that can result in hypertension
- Help avert rheumatoid arthritis by inhibiting the manufacturing of numerous molecules in the immune system that can cause inflammation and joint impairment.
- Green tea guard the skin from harmful ultraviolet (UV) radiation
- Research has demonstrated it that individuals who use drink green tea frequently live longer than those who don’t drink it. Furthermore, their overall health remains much better and fit than others.
- Do you labor under spells of vomiting and diarrhea? Lots of individuals do just from feeling tensed up while others might have these symptoms owing to stomach disorders. Green tea has been publicized to put a sizable halt to symptoms of digestive disorder. Gastric trouble can be comforted significantly through the addition of this tea to your day-to-day diet.
- If you are endeavoring to slim down and get healthier, then you unquestionably need to drink this tea. Acting as a diuretic, this tea will empower you to have assistance in shedding the fluids that help in keeping those superfluous pounds right where you don’t want to be. The additional energy will get you moving more to also contribute to that performance of weight loss.
- Individuals who drink herbal tea on regular basis are less likely to struggle with heart-related ailments. It averts heart attacks and stroke. It un-stiffens the walls of arteries which work wonders for thwarting heart ailments.
- If you drink green tea habitually, you do not have to struggle with rheumatoid inflammations. Likewise, it helps in averting many other inflammatory ailments.
It is now self-evident that getting a genuine high-quality green tea is the need of an hour for people living a desk bound life. You need to surely try one of the finest brands of this miracle tea for availing maximum health benefits!